Saturday, October 08, 2005

Bailey's 300 Qualifying Scheduled for Today

The Bailey's 300 for late model stocks was scheduled to begin qualifying runs today at 1:00pm. I assume the track was dry enough for this to happen.

Ninety of the East Coast’s top NASCAR Late Model Stock Car drivers will attemt to make the 42 car field today. Only 22 will do so. The remaining 20 will come from the results of four 25 lap sprints which will begin at 12:30pm Sunday. This event always draws the top Late Model teams from Virginia, as well as North Carolina and elsewhere.

I intend to be there on Sunday.

Since I have lived away from here for most of that time, I haven't attended a race at Martinsville since the Busch Series was discontinued in 1994. I am looking forward to seeing what has typically been a fantastic race in the past few years.

No comments: