Wednesday, November 14, 2007

A New Virginia Political Blog

Some time back I welcomed a newcomer to the Virginia blog community, Mike Sizemore started a blogspot blog called "Southern Democrat" or something very similar. Like most new blogs it didn't last long, folding after just a few weeks.

Little did I know that Mike would soon thereafter become "Ghost of A.L. Philpott", a sometimes caustic commenter on various left leaning blogs.

Today I welcome Mike back to the blog community that he never really left. In collaboration with 2 or 3 others Mike has started "The Crooked Road Commentary", designed "...to carve out a niche for Southside Virginia in the political blogosphere." (Judging by the PhotoShop appearing in one of the blog's first posts, I'll go out on a limb and guess that one of Mike's collaborators is Joey Stanley, but I have been wrong before.)

While "The Crooked Road”, Virginia’s official Heritage Music Trail is “a driving route through the Appalachian Mountains from the western slopes of the Blue Ridge to the Coalfields region of the state”, it comes no closer to Southside than Patrick County. That's merely a result of shortsightedness on the part of Henry County politicians and should not be considered nit-picking by me on Mike's choice of a name for his new blog. (Well, maybe it is nit-picking, but I'll deny it forever. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.)

Nit-picking or not, go over and check it out and let's all keep an eye on Mike and his cohorts, you never know, like the Roanoke Times they may just occasionally get something right.

No comments: