Sunday, January 08, 2006

With Apologies To Theodor (“Ted”) Seuss Geisel


I have not been hiding under a rock
I have not suffered from writer's block

I have not run away from home
I have not left you all alone

I have not given up my blog
I have not been sitting on a log

I have not given up reading yours
from which wisdom sometimes pours

I have not been merely resting
My software has been needing testing

When the stuff I write crashes
Real machinery sometimes bashes

When writing this stuff I must be alert
To insure that if it crashes no one is hurt

Bugs are more than simply unsavoury
sometimes they can cause real injury

Testing has revealed some nasty bugs
And some holes that needed plugs

I love my job, I love my work
My duties I refuse to shirk

I spend my days fixing fixes
I spend my nights searching appendixes

Soon I will have this thing running smoothly
And it will not be done amateurishly

Groan, the rhymes are getting very weak
So now an exit I will seek

When at last success I am toasting
Once again, you'll see me posting

No comments: