Monday, June 19, 2006

From Claire Guthrie Gastanaga...

Claire Guthrie Gastanaga has graciously posted the following
Alton:
You asked for an apology. Here it is.

I am sorry. I did not mean to hurt your feelings, impugn your integrity or cause any other personal affront or offense.

Please send me permalinks (other web addresses) (or post them in comments below) with the following information so that I can better help promote your efforts:
1) date, time, place of the bloggers conference you are planning;
2) names of persons participating in planning or scheduled to present;
3) program for the event;
4) information on registration;
5) posts or other communications inviting comments/participation from fellow bloggers;
6) any other information that would be valuable in marketing the conference to other bloggers.

Thanks.
Claire
My response, posted in her comments reads as follows;
Thank you Claire,
I was quite certain that we could clear up this misunderstanding by open communication.

In the interest of full disclosure to your readers I would like to point out that you and I have been in almost constant communication via e-mail since 5:30am today.

I also want to point out that there was a miscommunication regarding my phone number. I either mis-typed it in my comment earlier, or you transcribed it wrong. No matter. I apologize for indicating that you were neglecting to attempt to contact me.

Your request for more information is certainly reasonable, and I'll take it one step further. As I said in one of my e-mails to you, the conference has a website now. Your readers will be the first to see the site's URL, as I will post it here.

http://blogs-united.blogspot.com/

As you can see it's a blog, with comments enabled. I hope that will allow for a more open dialogue between the organizers and the prospective attendees.

Once again Claire, I thank you and look forward to your participation in August.

Alton Foley

http://imnotemeril.blogspot.com/

No comments: