Saturday, March 25, 2006

I'm Not Emeril Gets A Life

Regular readers know how much I love my job, and the hours I happily devote to it. In fact, a couple of months ago Jerry Fuhrman even went so far as to state
Fellow Southwest Virginian Alton Foley at ImNotEmeril has ... nothing posted this weekend. I'm beginning to worry about the man. He's putting in too many hours at work and his health is at risk. Slow down, dude. That engineering stuff will be there tomorrow when you get to work.
In a tactful sort of way, Jerry told me to "get a life". That bit of advice was taken into consideration and can even be considered part of the reason for my lack of posts during this week.

That's right Jerry, I "got a life". No, I haven't slowed down much at work. I mean 12 hours is still just a half a day, right? Instead my time after work has become much more interesting. For the first time in a very long time, I had a date. Not just one, but two this week. And another tonight.

No comments: