Monday, March 27, 2006

Virginia Landmark Contest XI

There was no correct answer identifying last weeks photo. I agree with Tugboat Phil, the quality of that photo generally sucked. However, I'll keep the location under my hat for now until I can get "on site" myself for some better photos. It will be featured again at some point in the future.







This week we go once again outside SWVA. But where outside SWVA? That is up to you to tell us. Identify this building and the city (or town) it graces and you will win the awe and admiration of all (both) of my readers.

UPDATE:
Al's close (see comments). It is an old bus station, early sixties I would guess by the archetecture. A Trailways station at that, (are they still in business?). But he's way off as to the location. Look some 4 hours east for the true location.

UPDATE II:
Conaway nails it. The photo is some years old, so I don't know if it accurately depicts the current location, but it is the Trailways Bus Station in Petersburg. And Tugboat, I promise you will get another shot at last week's location, I'll be taking better photos of it either this weekend or next.

No comments: