Wednesday, May 10, 2006

I Owe Waldo An Apology, And I Always Pay My Apologies

I received an e-mail from Waldo today.
Waldo Jaquith wrote:

Alton,

I don't understand -- if you have a question for me, why not e-mail
me or call me? I'd have been happy to have a conversation with you about the Blog Summit. Since you don't allow comments on your website, I'm not really sure what you want me to do in response to your blog entry. Could you help me out here?
Best,
Waldo
OK, I'll take a chastising when I deserve it. I replied with this
Waldo,
An apology of sorts is certainly called for. I did e-mail you. Or at least I thought I did. Saturday morning I composed an e-mail asking you if it would be possible to move the conference to Martinsville. Unfortunately, I sent it to my draft folder instead of actually sending it. Yesterday, after 4 days and still not hearing back from you, I read your comment on Kilo's site and realized that your answer to Carl did not quite match the content of the summit's website. In hindsight, I guess I should have e-mailed you again before writing that post, for that misstep, I apologize.

Alton
As an aside Waldo, I do allow comments on my site. You are technically savvy enough to know that sometimes the Haloscan comment app fails to load, a refresh will usually bring it back. That may work differently on a Mac, though, I can't say.

UPDATE:
I've received a response from Waldo regarding all this. I wanted to post his reply, but he has asked that I not do so. I respect that request. Suffice it to say that he has sufficiently responded to all my concerns regarding the discrepancies in the website and his previously quoted post.

No comments: