Sunday, January 07, 2007

Bobby Hamilton


As yet I have no confirmation, but I just heard by phone that Bobby Hamilton has passed away. Having fought cancer of the larynx for the past few years, Bobby has finally succumbed to the ravages of that disease.

My thoughts and prayers go out to his family tonight.

UPDATE:
More here [Link]

UPDATE II:
I've received a couple of e-mails asking me how I could have posted this with no confirmation. I'll only say that the folks that initially informed me of the story are located in the Lake Norman area, and have always been reliable in the past.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am very sorry to hear about the passing of Bobby Hamilton after his battle against neck cancer. He was definitely an old school racer -- and a throw back to the way drivers should be now.

He will be missed but not forgotten. I'll never forget some of his battles against Earnhardt during the days he drove the Petty STP #43.

God Bless Bobby Hamilton and his family, Rowhey