Monday, February 13, 2006

A New Truck Is Any Truck You Ain't Never Owned Before...

As you would imagine from the previous post, I've been truck hunting.

This thing hit my budget at an unexpected time, so I'm going to have to dip into my "motorcycle fund". My short term vehicular plans had been to spend the remainder of the winter rebuilding an old Harley, therefore I had been building my mototcycle fund.

I knew the Blazer was nearing the end of it's useful life, so I planned to replace it sometime in late spring or early summer with a slightly used Chevrolet Avalanche. That part of my plan so far remains intact, but in order to provide both reliable transportation and a suitable trade-in on the Avalanche, I have been truck hunting.

I think I have found the replacement. A mid 90's S-10Blazer, with much fewer miles than the dead one. At a price that doesn't completely deplete the motorcycle fund.

The real casualty is that it may be late summer or even next spring before I can go two-wheelin' again.

No comments: