Saturday, October 08, 2005

Speaking Of Logos....

Bearing Drift has this post regarding the campaign website of Suffolk County Sheriff candidate Timothy L. Mallory.

Apparently Mr. Mallory was using the Virginia State Seal on his website, amongst a few other naive mistakes. He did not realize that its use was restricted from non-governmental purposes.

When designing my site, I originally wanted to use the State Seal myself, not to make the place look "official" in any way, but just because I think its a great design. I suspected there were some sort of restrictions on the use of the seal, but could not find any guidelines on its use.

I finally decided to use just a sketch of the image in the center of the Seal, along with the motto. I certainly hope this does not legally constitute an official State Seal.

No comments: